What We Are Doing to Keep You, Your Family, and Our Team Safe
We are in unprecedented times here in our great nation, state, and city. We have been serving our community for over 50 years and we are ready to continue to do so. Safety is one of our core values and is a high priority every day.
We provide a vital role in maintaining the health and safety of our community. Therefore, we will remain open during this time of social distancing
If your furnace or AC is broken, we will be there to fix it.
If you need a new furnace or AC installed, we will be there to get it done.
I want to share our plan to address concerns. Below is our process moving forward until further notified.
- We will follow cleaning protocols recommend by the CDC and state agencies.
- Any team members who have symptoms or who have been exposed will remain at home.
- We will contact you before coming and go over any precautions that may be needed.
- In most cases we can troubleshoot equipment from outside, in a crawl space, or in attics and basements with minimal face to face contact.
- We will be following protocols to maintain a safe work environment by wearing gloves, wearing masks if needed, and disinfecting work areas in the home and in our trucks after each call.
We will be running maintenance (AC tune-ups) calls during this time. If you are scheduled already, we plan to come but you are welcome to reschedule if you feel the need to. We will contact you before coming and go over any precautions that may be needed. As mentioned above, we can often work on equipment with minimal contact.
System maintenance is still very important and not getting it done could put your system at risk for a breakdown, therefore should not be ignored.
We greatly appreciate our customers and team members. We understand the value of trying to reduce the spread of this virus so that our healthcare system is not overwhelmed. We are confident that we will be able to handle this predicament as quickly as possible and return to normality.